Hi Ikuya!

On 2015-03-26 01:25, AWASHIRO Ikuya wrote:
> I would like to say that fcitx should be default on Japanese
> environment as same as Chinese at 15.04 cycle.
> We Ubuntu Japanese Team release their own remix called Ubuntu
> Japanese Remix with a little modification. Fcitx is default Input
> Method from 14.04 on it.

Given the IM related changes in 15.04, making fcitx the default IM
framework on all Japanese installs is probably the simplest way to keep
offering fcitx as default on the Japanese remix, and thus preventing a
kind of regression.

> So it is time to change the default Input Method on Japanese
> environment.

Assuming that there is a consensus that fcitx is better than ibus for
inputting Japanese, it makes sense to me to do it 15.04.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj