Hi Adam,

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 11:01:26AM -0400, Adam Dingle wrote:
> I've been thinking about upgrading to Wily, but I see that the latest 64-bit
> ISO is dated June 3rd, over a month ago:
>
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/
>
> Can I infer that no daily build has passed tests since then, and that Wily
> is not yet stable?  Or is there some other reason why this ISO is so out of
> date?

It's because the smoke testing hasn't been passing, for example see the
(quite cryptic) output on

https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/wily/view/Smoke%20Testing/job/wily-desktop-amd64-smoke-default/78/consoleFull

...which we will look at fixing soon-ish (we've already started checking
on it). With the usual YMMV caveats of running an early stage release,
you could try an image from

  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/daily-live/pending/

and see how you get on. I don't know of any bugs that would prevent you
from giving it a go, but obviously I'm not exactly sure yet why it
failed. I personally risked it an installed a pending image two weeks
ago and I'm still here. :)

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ i...@orangesquash.org.uk ]