On 2020-06-16 18:06, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
Le 16/06/2020 à 05:43, Gunnar Hjalmarsson a écrit :
To make maintenance easier, we should probably drop the patch.
OTOH, the UI and related docs for Startup Applications is installed
by default.

The patch/application has been pretty low maintainance and as you say
we don't install tweaks by default. I've no strong opinion but my
preference would be keep things are they are today so the option is
available out of the box for users who want it

Yeah, I think I agree.

The reason I noticed is this summary docs page:

https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/shell-overview.html

Under "Customize your desktop" there is a "Have applications start automatically on log in" link (the Tweaks page), and right below under "Applications and windows" there is a "Startup Applications" link (the old feature which is kept in Ubuntu).

Maybe, if we keep the patch, I should simply hide the upstream docs page which refers to Tweaks in order to avoid confusion.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj