The final freeze for Mantic Minotaur has now been reached and we are heading
into the final stretch of the release cycle with the release of Ubuntu 23.10
next week.

The current uploads in the queue will be reviewed and either accepted or
rejected as appropriate by pre-freeze standards, but anything from here on
should fit two broad categories:

1) Release critical bugs that affect images, installers, or otherwise
   can't be fixed easily post-release.

2) Bug fixes that would be suitable for post-release SRUs, which we may
   choose to accept, reject, or shunt to -proposed for 0-day SRUs on a
   case-by-case basis.

Both categories of uploads should reference bug reports in Launchpad from their
changelog as the Ubuntu Release team may decide that the upload should follow
the SRU process. If you suspect or want the upload to be an SRU bug please
include the SRU template in the bug description. Additionally, if you do not
think the SRU should age for a full seven days please provide reasoning why in
the bug report.

For unseeded packages that aren't on any media or in any supported sets,
it's still more or less a free-for-all, but do take care not to upload
changes that you can't readily validate before release. That is, ask
yourself if the current state is "good enough", compared to the burden of
trying to fix all the bugs you might accidentally be introducing with your
shiny new upload.

We will shut down cronjobs and spin some RC images over the next couple of
days (maybe even on Friday) once the archive and proposed-migration have
settled a bit, and we expect everyone with a vested interest in a flavour (or
two) and with a few spare hours here and there to get to testing to make sure
we have another uneventful release next week. Last minute panic is never fun.

On behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team,
Utkarsh Gupta