Hello all,

I wanted to ask about the widescreen boot up splash/logo. My concerns
have been raised at:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/usplash/+bug/64147

In specific, from the bug report:
"There are only 4:3 and 16:9 themes. It picks the closest."

I can understand if you don't want to make a lot of different logos, but:

"""
16:9 is a standard TV format for widescreens.
16:10 is a more widespread format amoung computers, especially laptops!

I found some popular formats for widescreens and their respective
ratios. See for yourselves:

1280 x 768 = 16:9.6 (closer to 16:10 than 16:9)
1280 x 800 = 16:10
1366 x 768 = 16:9
1440 x 900 = 16:10
1920 x 1200 = 16:10

4 out of 5 of these resolutions are 16:10.
Unless I'm not seeing something here, 16:10 should be in there instead of 16:9.
"""

I know that it's "only" a look thing and doesn't take from
functionality, but it may take a bit from "perceived" quality as it's
the very first thing that people see when trying ubuntu. Is this
difficult to change?

Cheers,
Tim