Hi all,

Alexandre Franke [2007-07-23 15:15 +0200]:
> There is a spec [1] that was announced to be implemented for Feisty.
> The goal of this spec is to "fix the Linux audio mess once and for
> all". The spec mainly consists in getting rid of esd and use
> pulseaudio instead. As far as I can see, esd is still used in Feisty
> and I wonder if someone still cares about it. Moreover pulseaudio
> seems to be a proposed feature for Fedora 8 [2]. Is there any plan to
> have this in Gutsy? In Gutsy+1?

In Gutsy we just managed to not install esound by default, to get rid
of its nastinesses.

For Hardy, using pulseaudio by default is on the plan at least at the
moment. If the two major blockers are sorted out (never releasing the
soundcard and multiuser compatibility), then I don't see a major
obstacle. I recently talked to Lennart (upstream) and he told me that
those problems were fixed.

Pitti

--
Martin Pitt         http://www.piware.de