Anthony Bryan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you thought about using Metalinks for your ISO downloads? It's an
> XML format used by download apps, and contains the ways to get a file
> (mirrors/P2P) along with info for automatic error detection/recovery
> (checksums) and other stuff.

In my 12 years of extensive Internet use, and several years prior to
that of using BBSes, I have NEVER had a download corrupted.  It seems to
me that the sophisticated error detection and correction measures in the
underlying links are sufficient to prevent such errors.

> It makes things simpler for the user, since they don't have to
> manually try a bunch of servers that could be down, can use local
> mirrors first, and can repair downloads (very useful for large files
> like ISOs).

Usually the link on the web site chooses a mirror for you.