Aaron C. de Bruyn spake thusly on 249490952 ::
>> Aaron C. de Bruyn:
>>> Upgrading simply because there is a newer version number is the wrong
>>> attitude.
>> It's not that fact that it's a newer version (number): it's that it's a
>> final, stable release versus a non-final non-stable release.
>
> And what makes a release stable or non-stable?  The version number?
> No.  It's the code that goes into it.
> So unless you are running into a bug, there is no need to take a developer
> away from working on Gutsy to have him fix a problem that no one is having.

And how do you know that no one is having a problem? Oboviusly
*somebody* is or the latest release would not be 4.0.1.

You may be surprised to learn this but quite a few people using buggy
software just put up with it. They never bother to report bugs. I
suspect this is especially true of users new to Linux (from Windows or
Mac) who are not accustomed to bug reporting anyway as it doesn't exist
in thier world (at least not in the same fashion as is it does in the
FLOSS world).

And just becasuse Ubuntu users haven't reported the bugs that the GIMP
devs cite, doesn't mean they don't exist.

And lastly, what are the Ubuntu devs *developing* in the case of
compiling existing source code from the GIMP?  As far as I can tell
there is nothing different between the version of the GIMP shipped with
Ubuntu Feisty as there was with Fedora 7 (both now *old* Linux distros).

--
            Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com