> Hmm...  this ended up in sounder; should be in ubuntu-devel-discuss too.
>
> CK
>
> On Nov 28, 2007 4:49 AM, Colin Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > We are always looking for more ways to reduce CD size so that we can fit
> > more things on the CD [...] There are various other targets of opportunity
> > [...] that we'll be looking into as well.

> ------------------------------

Why is there so much focus on keeping the Ubuntu installer to the very
limited size of a CD-R ISO?
I mean, this modern world of computing we live in, the 700MB capacity of
a CD-R isn't much to play around with really.

I think sooner or later, Ubuntu is going to grow beyond what's possible
to squeez onto a 700MB iso and be forced to adopt the benefits of DVD5
storage. Maybe that time is approaching quicker than expected by some.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Chris Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>