I can't find an answer to this question around on google. Since edgy,
there used to be wacom drivers in default xorg.conf. Together with the
fix to a long standing bug, this allowed wacom tablet PCs to work by
default in feisty. In gutsy, wacom lines were commented out, and in
hardy they are not there at all.

As a result, toshiba tablets don't work by default and this is a pity.
Bug link follows, but the mail is to ask why the lines were removed from
xorg configuration? Just adding them back makes my system work again,
and I can't find records of why it was disabled. Thanks anyway, hardy is
in far better shape than 15 days ago, and many bugs are on their way to
be fixed even though after release.

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wacom-tools/+bug/188787

Vincenzo