On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Christopher Halse Rogers
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 On
> the other hand, I'm don't think that installing programs through yum
> is a good idea on an Ubuntu system.  I may be wrong here, though.  Why
> do we even have that package? :)

First thank you to everyone here...I am new in this Ubuntu.   Firstly
i have two requirements:

a.   I need git to do linux kernel development.
b.   I need flash for my firefox.   So I downloaded the rpm file.

So in Fedora Core, normally I will do "yum install xxx.rpm" where
xxx.rpm is the downloaded flash rpm file from adobe, and yum
automatically will do a recursive download of all dependent packages
and install it at the same time.   "rpm" cannot do that.

Sorry for all these...for flash I think I found the answer in:

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Gutsy

and for the kernel I found it here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelGitGuide

Ok...problem solved....thank you for the guide on git-core everyone ...etc!!!!!

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh