I don't see what the problem is to solving his dilemma. Whining and
moaning every time someone's binary is placed into code is ridiculous.
Ubuntu still leaves plenty of space and SUPPORT for FULLY OPEN
platforms, such as Gobuntu, working with gNewSense, the F6 option at
install-time, etc. It is not hard to get fully free software if that
is what you desire.

That article did not seem to be informative at all; call me names or
say things about me, but I'm not great at deciphering IRC chats that
don't pertain to me. My above comments are discussing the generic
situation of Ubuntu getting permission to use proprietary codecs in
their OS for the sake of better interoperability.

I would prefer a FREE option, but sometimes you have to do what it
takes to get things working right.

--
Luke L.