Hey Sense,

Perhaps the problem is that inside the Ubuntu project there aren't a
great number of development projects that new users can just dive right
into. Basically anything to do with bzr, launchpad, ubiquity or the
handful of other little extras that help the Ubuntu distribution.

Most programmer imagine working on applications, or other more visible
things. The Ubuntu project it's self isn't the right place for that, we
need to go upstream, it's the wider FLOSS community that should be
promoted.

Sure their work will benefit Ubuntu in the end, but it's worth noting
the difference between Ubuntu's development efforts and upstream's.

Martin,