On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 16:36, John Moser <john.r.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone yet brought up the potential to ship Chromium default rather than
> Firefox?  At this point it's more advanced methinks, with the only likely
> complaint being that you can't add NoScript or AdBlock+.  Ubuntu doesn't
> ship these default anyway; if you want those things, you can get Firefox
> yourself, as you likely already know what you're doing.
>
> For the privacy discussion, see SRWare Iron as a potential source of ideas
> for changes to back-merge (or options to add).

"More advanced" is not very persuasive. What are the actual pros and
cons of Firefox and Chromium? Firefox is twice as popular as Chrome,
and a lot of time was invested in integrating Firefox into Ubuntu.
There need to be compelling reasons for a switch. That said, I think
they are going to discuss this topic during the Ubuntu Developer
Summit. In-person discussions work very well for these kinds of
things.

--
Remco