On 29 February 2012 09:30, Lanoxx <lan...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how to contact the VCS import team? I would like to ask
> for this branch of the tilda source to be merge to the upstream branch
> lp:tilda at:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~catoblepa/tilda/trunk/+merge/34111
>
> There are some nice changes in this branch and I find it quite disappointing
> they are just lying around for such a long time already. So is there any
> chance they can be merged? And if not could some one at least leave about
> what needs to be changed so the branch can get merged?

If they're in CVS, the best way to do it is probably to send a diff of
your changes (which you can download from
<https://code.launchpad.net/~catoblepa/tilda/trunk/+merge/34111/+preview-diff/+files/preview.diff>,
linked from that page) and send it to the upstream developers, either
to their mailing list or perhaps attaching it to an upstream bug.

If upstream is inactive, you might be better off just maintaining your
own branch on Launchpad and becoming the new maintainer.

Tangentially, it looks like that branch deletes the .cvsignore file
and so on, which might be appropriate if you're taking over the
branch, but probably not so much if you're contributing a patch to
cvs.  But that can easily be filtered out when it's applied.

We do have some ideas for improving the "sending patches upstream"
story in lp and hopefully they will get implemented at some point.

Regards,
Martin