On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 02:53:05AM +0100, Dale Amon wrote:
> 1 A pet peeve of mine: a long time ago when I
>   hand rolled critical systems out of linux, I had ssh come
>   up almost before anything else. I consider it a bug that
>   it is delayed so long in the boot process, as do some
>   other hard core sys admins I know...

sshd is started as soon as all filesystems are mounted, which I can tell
you is considerably earlier than it used to be started!  I'm not going
to change it for precise now, but it'd probably be possible to start it
as soon as all *local* filesystems are mounted.  Feel free to file a bug
about that.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwat...@ubuntu.com]