Thanks for the quick answer, the patch is already here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/hedgewars/+bug/1073730
Just one clarification, this patch changes the build behavior for every
architecture, but still builds fine on both amd64 and i386.

As upstream suggested, if the patch really fixes the problem I'll include this
line in an ifdef statement in order to make it visible only in arm builds.

thanks for your help

Gianfranco