On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Scott Kitterman <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Saturday, March 14, 2015 06:27:14 PM Aron Xu wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Qiang Huang <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm a Docker user, for some reason, I need to use Docker on Ubuntu 14.04
>>> with devicemapper driver, but we got a serious problem because udev on
>>> Ubuntu 14.04 is too old to support sync, see details:
>>> https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/4036
>>>
>>> Seems no one ever got around of this problem, I wonder if we can upgrade
>>> udev
>>> on Ubuntu 14.04 in a smooth way, e.g. from udev 204 to udev 208.
>>> (RHEL7 with udev 208 don't have this problem, so I assume udev 208 would
>>> work)
>>
>> Please ask (and help) back-porting it, that's what -backports repository
>> lives for. See the procedure:
>
> Udev has potential impact on a LOT of packages. It's part of ubuntu-minimal,
> so present in all Ubuntu installations and configurations. I'm not sure it's
> feasible to validate non-impact for an official backport.

The first question would be whether udev can be upgraded without
upgrading 14.04's other systemd-related packages.

-- 
Ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: 
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel-discuss

Reply via email to