On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 15:07:02 -0700, Ryein Goddard wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 16:19:36 +0000 (UTC), rajeev bhatta wrote:
>> >It is not time consuming.. just for the user experience..
>>
>> IMHO for averaged users it is time consuming. Even a power users not
>> necessarily deals with the right people to get a key she or he can
>> trust, that can be used to verify ownership of the particular
>> public Ubuntu key.
>>
>> I am a Linux power user and I don't own a key to verify the
>> particular public key, that belongs to the key, that was used to
>> sign the Ubuntu images.
>>
>> Please let me know, how I can get such a key, without spending much
>> time ;).
>
>If a current method doesn't exist then maybe we can just create one?

How will you make it less time consuming?

You need to meet other people in the real world, in addition you
need to know and trust those people and in addition they need to trust a
chain of trusted keys, that confirms ownership of the public Ubuntu key
in question. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_of_trust

This already is hard to realise for hardcore computer geeks and
completely illusorily for those who's centre of life isn't the
operating system of their computers or digital security.