Oliver Grawert schreef op 05-10-2016 14:44:

i must say that in many aspects i find nmcli more powerfull than
ifconfig for scripting ...

it changed a lot within the last years ...

one big disadvantage is still that it requires a lot of dependencies ip
or ifconfig do not require ... but disk space is cheap in most cases

To me nmcli is unusable and impossible to remember (how to use it).

Scripting sure but you may not need to remember much if you use it a lot and then the script works and you don't need to remember so much.

I don't use ifconfig for scripting much, there are "ip" commands for that now?