Hi Jarno,

On 2016-10-13 21:17, Jarno Suni wrote:
Okay, I have created the project in Launchpad. I am using git.
If I get enough support, I will publish the script. Here is where you
can support:

Let's see..

There is a script in the archive to help remove old kernels. If I had several old kernels installed, I could easily install the byobu package and run the purge-old-kernels command.

Now you tell us that you have written a new script to serve the same purpose but with some improvements. However, you won't show anybody the script unless you get paid enough money in advance. Did I get it right? If I did, it's a very odd 'offer' to an open source community.

The cold truth is that you can't make money from the kind of help script you have written. People in this community contribute their work all the time for free. We contribute our time and skill, and benefit from contributions from others.

A few people tried to explain this to you on the ubuntu-doc mailing list; this was my concise reply:

I'm sorry if someone previously tricked you to believe something else. My advice now: Face it and move on.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: