Louis Bouchard schreef op 18-01-2017 9:08:
Hello,

Le 17/01/2017 à 21:46, Bryan Quigley a écrit :
On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Jamie Strandboge <ja...@canonical.com> wrote:
> There are two things here:
> 1. make systemd journal persistent
> 2. avoid duplicate logs from rsyslog
>
> Why not just do '1' and let rsyslog remain? The standard logs are rotated so
> this shouldn't be overly burdensome. Have you measured how much the duplicate
> logs would take on a typical system?
Just doing '1' completely solves my problem and I have not been able
to find any significant performance issues when looking at just boot
time.

That also could lend itself to interim options like logging less to
rsyslog but keeping it for now, which might work around any issues
that come up.

So yes, I'm totally open to just doing '1'.

Kind regards,
Bryan

I do agree that having the systemd journal persistent would be a supportability bonus. I've had to ask customers in the past to enable persistence to verify
that specific issues did happen prior to a reboot.

The standard no-history-at-all particularly with regards to shutdown-issues is just not very helpful.