Hi developers:
  Nowdays we made a large scale security static analysis on several open
source projects,and found some mistakes in elog-3.1.1-1.In the@src
/elog.c:300:
   int ssl_connect(int sock, SSL ** ssl_con)
  {
     SSL_METHOD *meth;
     SSL_CTX *ctx;

     SSL_library_init();
     SSL_load_error_strings();

     meth = (SSL_METHOD *) TLSv1_method();
     ctx = SSL_CTX_new(meth);

     *ssl_con = SSL_new(ctx);
     SSL_set_fd(*ssl_con, sock);
     if (SSL_connect(*ssl_con) <= 0)
      return -1;

    return 0;
  }
   When finish the SSL connect, you immedicately start to execute
read/write operation without verify certificate,which can lead to MITM
attack and cause leakage of sensitive data.We recommand you add verify
operation such as SSL_CTX_set_verify or SSL_get_peer_certificate to
guarantee the security.We have send the bug report to Ubuntu launchpad,and
also inform you of such news.Here are the link:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/elog/+bug/1677558