On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 10:42:45AM +0200, Frans van Berckel wrote:
> So i think i am gonna reinstall the libgtkmm-2.4-1v5 just to find out
> what goes wrong. The question is still, how is the Happened?

Difficult to know. But I've not seen this kind of thing happen except
through filesystem corruption. dpkg is pretty excessively paranoid about
writing files to disk, and I don't recall any package manager bug that
made it think a file is installed when it isn't.

I think it's more likely this situation is caused by a hardware problem,
messed up RAID, or use of experimental filesystem stuff, for example.

Or could you have accidentally deleted the files when doing this as
root, or letting other third party scripts run as root?

Robie