On 15 October 2017 at 19:08, 蔡瑋倫 <alan23273...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear two professional developers,
>
>      I have received all your comments and read them carefully. Thank you
> very much for all your replies! They are very detailed, convincing, and now
> I indeed believe that official alias is really not a good idea. BTW, from
> Xen's opinion, there is still one question attracting me, but not very
> important. Just list it here for fun. Why some commands like "move-->mv"
> and "copy-->cp" have short form, whereas the command "clear" does not? I
> think "clr" can also be a good name for "clear." Maybe it's about history
> of Linux!

​You're correct, this is an artifact of the heritage of UNIX which GNU
copied when creating the standard utility commands. UNIX originated in the
era of evil keyboards that are painful to type on so the most-used commands
were named with as short as possible nouns or abbreviations so that the
user did not get finger-strain when typing those commands all day long.
(I'm looking through my history to find a first-party quote for you on
YouTube from one of the original guys who worked on UNIX.)

--
Daniel Llewellyn
Bowl Hat