On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 05:10:19PM -0800, Shawn Landden wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:50 PM, Julian Andres Klode <j...@debian.org>
> wrote:
> > * It needs to be translated - also very important.
>
> I made a pot file and used translations from the python version, but I
> can't get my app to look for translations (as examined through strace). I
> read the gettext manual and do not know what I am doing wrong.

Looking at
https://github.com/shawnl/command-not-found/blob/master/command-not-found.c,
your problem appears to be that you aren't calling setlocale().  You
should normally call this before calling bindtextdomain() and
textdomain():

  setlocale(LC_ALL, "");

(The gettext manual does cover this, but possibly you were looking at
some different bit of it.)

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwat...@ubuntu.com]