On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 04:17:01PM +0000, Robie Basak wrote:
> But Ubuntu does have a concept of LTS, and this by definition applies to
> everything Ubuntu ships. This is the point of a distribution stable
> release.

I should add that we understand that some users want some specific
packages to be newer. But we can't update those in the stable release
for all users, because every user's set of specific packages is
different. Another way of looking at this is that we do update all the
packages that individual users want updated, and this is what we call
the current (non-LTS) release :)

We do accept the need, however, and snaps are our solution to this

Ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: