On 2018-05-30 09:04, Marty E. Plummer wrote:
> Maintainers, I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this matter. If
> the diffs are produced as -p1 unified diffs, then downstreams who do
> convert from -p0 context won't have to, and distros who work around it
> won't either.

Speaking as maintainer of bash in MacPorts, I never had problems with
the format of the bash patches. I have no preference whether patches
need -p0 or -p1, as long as all patches are published with the same level.

I think unified diffs are more common than context diffs these days.
However, as long as the bash patches can be applied cleanly with
patch(1), I see no reason to change anything.

Rainer