On 2019-05-27 18:49, Thomas Stadtmüller wrote:
gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons ist schon die neueste Version
(19.01.1-1).

Well, there is a newer one in -updates.

sudo apt update
sudo apt install gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons

Worth installing, but I doubt it will make a difference for you. (If you end up filing a bug, you should indeed have the the version from -updates installed.)

Can you please replicate this on your side and, e.g. create a sym
link on your desktop, change the icon in the property and confirm
that is also changes the desktop view?

I tried with a .desktop file in /usr/share/applications and figured out a limitation: Your user needs to be the owner of the .desktop file for a symlink to work. In my test case:

sudo chown gunnar: /usr/share/applications/synaptic.desktop

Then a symlink worked fine after I had right clicked and choosen "Allow Launching".

A changed icon was reflected on the Desktop after having relogged in.

If I wanted to report this behavior as a bug - what is the minimal
information / process required?

Not sure in this case.. A summary of this email thread would probably be a good start. And the package candidate is obvious:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons

There you see a list of open bugs, but I don't think any of them covers the "doesn't work at all" case. ;)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj