On 2019-08-05 21:01, Colin Watson wrote:
(That said, while I don't use dead-key layouts myself, I seem to get
ç when I type Compose ' c even though that isn't what the Compose
file says I should get.  Not quite sure what's going on there.)

Probably Gtk is what's going on.

I think that libx11 only gets involved if you have replaced IBus with XIM as your input method framework. But Gtk has taken over some of the libx11 rules.

Please note, though, that what the OP asks for does not involve a compose key. He is simply talking about pressing <dead acute> followed by c.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj