On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 6:53 PM Mike Luttikhuis
<mikeluttikh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A bug in the apache2 package where mpm_event does not always gracefully kill
> child processes after a graceful reload of the service is not patched in the
> Ubuntu repositories. This is a nasty bug because if for example a SSL
> certificate is replaced inside a vhost configuration, then older child
> processes will still serve the older certificate, resulting in certificate
> errors. Please check out PR 63169. Apache fixed this bug in 2.4.49, but the
> bugfix is still not included in the Ubuntu repository. Since this bug is
> pretty frustrating, I was wondering if this particular bugfix can be patched
> in Ubuntu's version of the apache2 package.

Hi Mike,
thanks for your report, at a first glimpse the case looks valid and
doable, therefore I have converted this into a proper bug [1] to be
tracked.
You could help the team to have a look by providing steps to recreate
the situation via an update on that bug.

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+bug/1979942

> Kind regards,
>
> Mike
> --