Hi developers and other parties,

Currently ubuntu comes with LKLUG font for sinhala (si) language but difficult
to read web content with that font and no one maintain it now. We can change it
manually but such changes do not apply to some applications e.g. snap apps etc.

We would like to see noto serif sinhala as the default font for sinhala
language (or noto sans sinhala)

See the difference
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pasan93/UbuntuSinhalaFont/master/before.jpg
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pasan93/UbuntuSinhalaFont/master/after.jpg

It seems no one has been able to get in touch with the right party / person to
solve this problem. Many ubuntu users discuss about that in forums,
communities, groups and linux-related sites and some developers have designed
tools for that already
https://github.com/IMS94/UbuntuSinhalaFont
https://github.com/hankyoTutorials/linux-system-sinhala-font-changer

We need urgent attention for this problem. Who should i contact? or where
should i file a complain/bug report? i expect a solution within next interim or
LTS release. if you know what to do, please reply