On 8/4/23 23:57, 邮件 wrote:
Hello, first of all thank you very much for the mumble-server package. Are
there any plans to update mumble-server 1.3.4 to the latest version of mumble
this year?

I discussed this with the Debian maintainer last year. Unfortunately, the way the code includes external projects makes packaging it difficult, and upstream has enough trouble building the project for Linux themselves.

I was able to take the snap package's recipe and use those dependencies to build the Mumble client and Murmur server because I wanted stereo sound support, although the same recipe wouldn't build the latest version as a snap.  But I've never been very strong with Debian packaging and I wasn't able to pull together diffs or anything like that that would've been helpful to Debian.

Unless things change, there are probably no plans to updates Mumble in Debian and Ubuntu soon.  It's more likely that the package gets removed from the repositories.

Regards,

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - https://www.ubuntu.com/