For Python, I'd like to see us drop 2.6 and make 2.7 the default during the
toolchain setup (and before the first autosync run).  This will (obviously)
need to be agreed befor UDS.

For Python 3, we should drop python3.1 at the same time.

For a developmental goal during the cycle I think we should shoot for at least
experimental support for Python3 as the Python that is shipped on the various
Ubuntu ISOs.  There is a lot of upstream third party support starting to
appear and the packaging infrastructure and policy for Python3 is maturing
rapidly.  At the UDS for Lucid we set a nominal goal of having Python3
desktops for the following LTS.  If we're going to have a chance of
accomplishing this at an acceptable level of risk for an LTS cycle we need to
be close for oneric.

Scott K