I just realized I did not yet widely advertise that hirsute has a new
--error-on=any argument for apt{,-get} update that makes it also
consider transient errors as errors instead of warnings.

I think a bunch of people asked for that in the past because they
implemented retry loops around that for like container startup.

--error-on maps to the configuration option APT::Update::Error-Mode,
for folks who want to drop that into apt.conf or who need to pass it
unconditionally and keep older apts working, they can do -o
APT::Update::Error-Mode=any

The patch is not big, I guess we can SRU it if we want to.

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en