On Sun, 2016-09-18 at 21:31 +0500, Khurshid Alam wrote:
> So this brings out the question, is it possible to upload eds-3.20 on
> 16.04 as regular xenial-updates?

I don't know about this.  However, if you're willing to switch to use
Gnome 3.20 in general you can  subscribe your system to the Gnome3-
Staging PPA.  This contains most of Gnome 3.20, not just Evolution,
built for 16.04:

https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/ubuntu/gnome3-staging?field.series_filter=xenial

I've been using it for a while now and it works well for me (with one
caveat: you have to hard-code SSH_AUTH_SOCK rather than using the
default, because there's no port of gnome-keyring 3.20 in this PPA yet).
YMMV of course...