Lionel,

I've uploaded 2:8.4.3-0ubuntu1~ppa2 to my PPA
(https://launchpad.net/~racb/+archive/experimental). This merges changes
in Debian's 8.3.13-2, which includes turning off the kernel version
check. Please could you check that this works as you expect; then we can
get it uploaded? Thanks!

High Availability Team, which is subscribed to drbd8 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1132302

Title:
  drbd8-utils are not compatible with kernel 3.8

Status in “drbd8” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “drbd8” source package in Raring:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Ubuntu Raring is going to ship with kernel 3.8, which contains DRBD v8.4.2
  Unfortunately, the userland tools in drbd8-utils are still v8.3.13, which is
1 major version behind: they are not compatible with the kernel module.

  From my testing (both in a vmware environment and a live-usb), loading
  the module and then using drbdadm to bring up a resource blocks for a
  long time and eventually leads to the message "No response from the
  DRBD driver! Is the module loaded?".

  Replacing the packaged tools with a locally compiled v8.4.2 totally
  fixes the problem.

  Lionel Sausin