Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. In an effort to keep an up-to-date list of bugs to work I
have reviewed this report to verify it still requires a fix and it
occurs on a supported version of Ubuntu.

It appears that the source package redhat-cluster-suite is in precise,
however the binary package gfs-tools is not.

It is unfortunate that we were unable to resolve this defect, however
there appears to be no further action possible at this time. I am
therefore moving the bug to 'Won't Fix'. If you disagree or have
additional details, please feel free to add a comment and then change
the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

** Changed in: redhat-cluster-suite (Ubuntu)

High Availability Team, which is subscribed to redhat-cluster-suite in
Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/58603

Title:
  Installing gfs-tools drags in linux-image-2.6.15-23-server, even when
  linux-image-2.6.15-26-server is installed

Status in redhat-cluster-suite package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  burner@phoenix:~$ sudo apt-get install  gfs-tools
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree... Done
    linux-image-2.6.15-23-server
  Suggested packages:
    linux-doc-2.6.15 linux-source-2.6.15
  Recommended packages:
    lilo
    gfs-tools linux-image-2.6.15-23-server
  0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
  Need to get 23.2MB of archives.
  After unpacking 67.8MB of additional disk space will be used.
  Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

  OK, so it needs the server kernel, so when I select linux-server,
  linux-image-2.6.15-23-server still gets dragged in, even though linux-
  image-2.6.15-26-server superseeds it.

  burner@phoenix:~$ sudo apt-get install  gfs-tools linux-server
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree... Done
    linux-image-2.6.15-23-server linux-image-2.6.15-26-server linux-image-server
  Suggested packages:
    linux-doc-2.6.15 linux-source-2.6.15
  Recommended packages:
    lilo
    gfs-tools linux-image-2.6.15-23-server linux-image-2.6.15-26-server
    linux-image-server linux-server
  0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
  Need to get 46.4MB of archives.
  After unpacking 135MB of additional disk space will be used.
  Do you want to continue [Y/n]?