Am I right in thinking that the limits being too low are causing false
positives in autopkgtests?

If so, we could check the limits in the test themselves and skip (exit
77 and declare "skippable") if on armhf and the limits aren't high
enough. That's a reasonable action for the packages, I think.

** Changed in: corosync (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: pacemaker (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: corosync (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: pacemaker (Ubuntu)

High Availability Team, which is subscribed to pacemaker in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1828228

Title:
  corosync fails to start in container (armhf) bump some limits

Status in Auto Package Testing:
  New
Status in corosync package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in pacemaker package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Currently pacemaker v2 fails to start in armhf containers (and by
  extension corosync too).

  I found that it is reproducible locally, and that I had to bump a few
  limits to get it going.

  Specifically I did:

  1) bump memlock limits
  2) bump rmem_max limits

  = 1) Bump memlock limits =

  I have no idea, which one of these finally worked, and/or is
  sufficient. A bit of a whack-a-mole.

  cat >>/etc/security/limits.conf <<EOF
  * soft memlock unlimited
  * hard memlock unlimited
  EOF

  lxc config set nice-mako limits.kernel.memlock 33554432

  mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/snap.lxd.daemon.service.d/
  cat >/etc/systemd/system/snap.lxd.daemon.service.d/override.conf <<EOF
  [Service]
  LimitMEMLOCK=6553600000
  EOF
  systemctl daemon-reload
  systemctl restart snap.lxd.daemon.service

  = 2) Bump rmem_max values =

  Observed:
  # strace -s99999 -f /usr/sbin/corosync 2>&1 | grep sockop
  [pid   447] setsockopt(12, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVBUF, [8388608], 4) = 0
  [pid   447] getsockopt(12, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVBUF, [425984], [4]) = 0
  [pid   447] setsockopt(12, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVBUFFORCE, [8388608], 4) = -1
EPERM (Operation not permitted)

  Bumped mem_max using:
  sudo sysctl -w net.core.wmem_max=8388608
  sudo sysctl -w net.core.rmem_max=8388608

  (Not sure if the desired sized depends on the machine/container I am
  running on)

  Can we check the values for above things on our armhf containers and/or bump
them? or like can we mark pacemaker v2.0 autopkgtest as ignored on armhf?