Status update - still waiting on original reporter to perform testing
with -proposed package.

High Availability Team, which is subscribed to pacemaker in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1871166

Title:
  lrmd crashes

Status in pacemaker package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in pacemaker source package in Xenial:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [impact]

  lrmd crashes and dumps core.

  [test case]

  I can not reproduce, but it is reproducable in the specific setup of
  the person reporting the bug to me.

  [regression potential]

  this patches the cancel/cleanup part of the code, so regressions would
  likely involve possible memory leaks (instead of use-after-free
  segfaults), failure to correctly cancel or cleanup operations, or
  other failure during cancel action.

  [scope]

  this is fixed by commits:
  933d46ef20591757301784773a37e06b78906584
  94a4c58f675d163085a055f59fd6c3a2c9f57c43
  dc36d4375c049024a6f9e4d2277a3e6444fad05b
  deabcc5a6aa93dadf0b20364715b559a5b9848ac
  b85037b75255061a41d0ec3fd9b64f271351b43e

  which are all included starting with version 1.1.17, and Bionic
  includes version 1.1.18, so this is fixed already in Bionic and later.

  This is needed only for Xenial.

  [other info]

  As mentioned in the test case section, I do not have a setup where I'm
  able to reproduce this, but I can ask the initial reporter to test and
  verify the fix, and they have verified a test build fixed the problem
  for them.

  Also, the upstream commits removed two symbols, which I elided from
  the backported patches; those symbols are still available and, while
  it is unlikely there were any users of those symbols outside pacemaker
  itself, this change should not break any possible external users.  See
  patch 0002 header in the upload for more detail.