Thank you for taking the time to report this bug. In an effort to keep an
up-to-date and valid list of bugs to work on, I have reviewed this report to
verify it still requires effort and occurs on an Ubuntu release in standard
support, and it does not.

It is unfortunate that we were unable to resolve this defect, however there
appears to be no further action possible at this time. I am therefore moving the
bug to 'Fix Released' to current development release as the issue does not apply
to it any longer.

If you disagree or have new information, we would be grateful if you could
please open a new bug mentioning new affected versions with a possible
reproducer in the bug description.

** Also affects: ocfs2-tools (Ubuntu Precise)

** Changed in: ocfs2-tools (Ubuntu Precise)

** Changed in: ocfs2-tools (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ocfs2-tools (Ubuntu)

High Availability Team, which is subscribed to ocfs2-tools in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1018671

Title:
  mismatch between ocfs2-tools version and kernel

Status in ocfs2-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in ocfs2-tools source package in Precise:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  In at least 11.10 (likely 12.04 as well, however...), the ocfs2-tools
  is behind what the 3.0 kernel is creating on disk.  This can be seen
  trivially by attempting to examine the locks on an ocfs2 filesystem:

  ===# debugfs.ocfs2 -n -R "fs_locks" /dev/dm-1
  Debug string proto 3 found, but 2 is the highest I understand.

  The 1.8 tree in the ocfs2-tools git repo includes support for proto 3.
  That set of tools should probably be distributed with 11.10 and up, so
  that the tools match what the kernel is providing.

  Not having the tools match up to the kernel makes things very
  difficult, like trying to debug locking issues.