Hi Prateek,

On Jan 28, 2008 4:46 PM, Prateek Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyone have any other ideas regarding how to attract crowds?? Actually
> we are targeting two categories : the noobs, who havent installed
> linux - the cds are for them ; and those who having been using it for
> quite a while. Any ideas for the latter category?

My 2 cents : You  are going the right track. For the noobs, distributing
Live CDs (or Live-cum-install CDs) is the best bet. They need to play around
a bit and get comfortable. Know that Linux can be an alternative to Windows.

For the experienced users : These are the poeple  who have crossed the stage
of trying out. Most are even active developers. For them, giving out
merchandise is a great idea. Especially since this is not so easily
available in India.

Thanks,
Raseel