> "sivaji j.g" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Is there any way or tool to change the resolution of .jpg file , i got
> about 50 file each of resolution 2250x1490 and size of about 1.5 MB
> approximate .if i upload these file to my website it takes long time
> to upload and load the images since the image size and resolution is
> high

>I have to open each and every file in GIMP and save it with low
> resolution to reduce the size of these file .i take long time to do
> like this is there any simple way to reduce the resolution and size
> without actually opening each and every file individually and change
> it size and resolution

Since the entire post describes the problem clearly, the solution to
this is described in one of my earlier posts in GLUG-BOM. The idea
described by Mehul Ved is one that I followed quite some time ago.
It also has a script (open source code ;) ) that you can use /
re-distribute / modify for your own needs. However, note, it is assumed
that all your photos are in the same directory (one 'foo' directory).

The link to that post is:

http://mm.gnu.org.in/pipermail/linuxers/Week-of-Mon-20070514/059475.html

Hope, that helps.