Hello friends,
I bought a new Dell XPS laptop a month back and I want to intall Ubuntu on
it. However I've read on internet that there is one bug present in Ubuntu
kills your laptop hard-drive in very short period of time(this bug does not
affect desktops, it is present in one of the modules for laptop).  It is not
fixed yet as per Launchpad.

The bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/acpi-support/+bug/59695

Did anyone install Hardy on laptop and was successful with workaround?

Is it safe to install (*)ubuntu on laptop ignoring the existance of that
bug?

Also, I am interested in knowing if there is any LUG in/near Gandhinagar,
Gujarat.

Thanks for any help and guidance.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]