On 8/13/08, Jayanth S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> With one developer resources website , i had to enter my OpenId which
> wouldbe [EMAIL PROTECTED] and then the password..

.. which can be different than the one you use at the open provider.
For example, let's say you're using [EMAIL PROTECTED] to login on ubuntu-in.org.
You will need to sign in on the same browser at xyz.com, you need to
remain signed in, so that the session is in progress and it can be
identified by the provider that you're signed in from the same PC.
Then you are asked if you want to allow ubuntu-in.org to allow using
that openid provider and further optional details that you would like
to divulge.
The password you provide at ubuntu-in.org need not be the same as the
one for [EMAIL PROTECTED] ubuntu-in.org will never know what password is
being used at xyz.com.
Thus, ubuntu-in.org doesn't have any extra information other than the
one you provided.

So, is the case with many of those spamming sites likes like twitter
and so on. They can't have your password unless you explicitly give
them. All those invites you see are from ignorant people who give away
their passwords for a stupid reason. I am subscribed to twitter using
the same email address that I am typing this email from.