On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:49:24 +0530
"Pavanaja U B" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have already localised MSWLogo (Windows Logo) into Kannada (
> http://www.vishvakannada.com/KannadaLogo)
> Now I am trying to localise Kturtle into Kannada. I installed Kturtle in
> Ubuntu. I did translate some of the important commands in Kturtle.po into
> Kannada and put the file in /locale/kn folder. But I could not see Kannada
> under settings.

Since you are asking here, I presume that you are using
Ubuntu. Here are some quick steps that should work at
least on 8.04 (Hardy):
1. Install Kannada language packs from Synaptic, or with
   apt-get install language-support-kn language-pack-kn language-pack-kde-kn
2. Compile .po to .mo
   msgfmt -cv kturtle.po -o kturtle.mo
3. Put the .mo file in the right place
   mv kturtle.mo /usr/share/locale-langpack/kn/LC_MESSAGES/
4. Restart kturtle

>  How do I go about with my task? What are the step-by-step
> procoess of localising any application in Ubuntu?

Please also consider contributing back your translations to
the Kannada KDE localisation team. See
http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=kn
for contact details.

Regards,