Hi

we have a XDSL broad band connection - on an older system running 7.10
- we don't have an advanced network manager that helps easily setup up
an XDSL connection - so i used pppeoconf. It worked for quite a while
with no problem whatsoever.

Now its stopped working -
tried plog and the message it gives is that network is down - however
i checked the network on this machine i am sending the mail from and
it os working.

When i tried to reset pppoeconf it shows me 2 eth device (eth0 and
eth1) and i am pretty sure the laptop has only one eth port - so any
idea why ?

So some questions
1. Can i get a better network manager for 7.10 (don't want to upgrade
because a WLLphone does not work on versions higher then 7.10
2. How can i reset pppoeconf.

thanks
ram