On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Mehdi <akri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends
> I have seen many kind of partition for linux. but i do not know that which
> one is the best.
>
> This is one example:
> /boot
> swap
> /root
> /home
>
> But if i want ONLY install the Linux-Ubuntu on the h.D.D,
> 1) what is the best choice for the making the partition?
> 2) and how much space MIN require for the / Boot  &  /root?
>
> because before i'm using the Linux & XP in the office, but from today i want
> just have the linux, and need the proper partition which can work for long
> times without any problem..

Irrespective of single-boot or dual-boot setup I suggest you have a
single root partition and a swap. My personal experience with
different partitions is that you eventually run out of space on at
least one of them.
Still if you want to do separate partition then you should keep min
100MB for /boot, min 5GB for /root and rest for /home.

Onkar