On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 3:39 AM, A. Mani <a.mani....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another nice article on open-core:
>
> http://www.h-online.com/open/features/Guest-commentary-Open-Core-is-over-1097073.html

I read the whole thing 10 times and still got no reference to "Ubuntu" apart
from UbuntuOne which in which community is not involved.

So next time Nokia does something wrong, then Qt will be tagged "For all
those that go ga-ga over Qt". Even though Canonical funds Ubuntu and owns
the trademark, Ubuntu is more than just a Canonical project. I am not sure
how many people have contributed to it in their free time. The whole blog
post is about how Canonical handles copyright assignments and Ubuntu
community was not involved in drafting this policy.

I am still wondering how Ubuntu came into picture? Just because Canonical is
a sponsor doesnt cut the argument. Even Microsoft is a sponsor of Apache
Foundation. Was this a linkbait?

--
Manish