On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 16:26:43 +0530 James Sebastian <james.sebast...@gmail.com>
wrote
[...]

> 3. However, I understood that there is no easy way for support in delhi apart
> from few enthusiasts. Or atleast, such people are not in this emailing list.
[...]

That is not quite true, though the availability of support
might not be as widespread as desirable. I know of several
companies that are offering FOSS support, including some
that have been in the business for quite a while. However,
these are not quite geared to being able to offer desktop-
level support for home users: What the users are willing
to pay generally does not meet the business costs, because
the volume of such business is quite low.

It was not clear what kind of support you wanted, as it
seemed like a one-off request, or at best, a home-support
request. For these, commercial support would have been
quite expensive. As you mention, maybe it was too late by
the time you saw replies, but I had offered to handle this
as a one-off task, free of cost.

Next time, something like this come up, please consider
sending in a job advertisement (mark it [Commercial] in
the Subject line, please) to the mailing list of the
Linux Users Group, Delhi:

Regards,
Gora